An annual fee will be payable on acceptance of a position with SCYO. The fees are:
- Musician membership fee: $550 (annual fee)
- Second ensemble membership fee (e.g. Youth Symphony plus Wind Symphony or Chamber Strings): included
- SCYO Associate Fee (one per family): $50 (annual fee)
Fees are reviewed each year and may be amended before offers are sent.
Full fees are due no later than the first rehearsal of the year. Payment plans are available for families that require assistance with payment timeframe. These require a form to be lodged with the treasurer, and can be requested when the invoice is sent after an offer or placement.
The Associate fee must be paid to secure the position in the SCYO, and Musicians under the age of 18 require one parent to be an Associate member. All committee members are required to be an associate member.
- $110 discount for second child (annual fee – $440)
- $170 discount for third and subsequent child (annual fee – $380)
(The Associate fee only needs to be paid per family, not per child)
Camp is compulsory. No refund can be given if a musician does not attend. The annual fee covers a multitude of activities – membership, rehearsals, tutorials, conductors, guest conductors, music, local tours, other special events, performances and camp; the whole program is considered a package and is not costed separately.
SCYO maintains Public Liability and Personal Accident insurance. Members are responsible for their instrument insurance.